Quote:

I had a set ov Hooker Super Comps on the 340 in my 71 Challenger for a while. They do fit pretty good, but you need a hell ov a motor to use them. The tubes are too big for a stock type motor. They are 3/4 inch from exhaust port to collector. Kills the bottom end if you have a pretty much stock motor. Check the small block for sale section, or maybe A-body parts. I think there's a set ov brand new Dougs 453's on there with one dinged tube. If they fit an A-body, they will fit an E-body.

Hah! JD... i had to laugh...

Hmmm... this is good to know. But now i wonder how much engine i'd need to really utilize them. I am putting a decent-sized cam, RPM intake 5.9L Magnum in there, with plans to mod further along the way. 1 3/4" does seem big, but then again, this engine should be relatively close to a stockish 383 and that would love a 1 3/4" header... Should be around 320HP to start with, though all done by 6000rpm.

Another thing is this will be a light car and a stick. 3000-3200lbs... so torque needn't be ridiculous.

Saw those headers already, though before i knew i needed them. Too bad they'll be gone before any money comes around for them. Grrr...