I ain't sure if the intergear/shaft wants to come up but what works for me is (1) to remove the roll pin/collar & add shims to reduce that axial play to .005". (2) add the aftermarket collar down below (3) then if the rotational play on the rotor is anything more than a c hair I either peen the lower tang or I have even built up the recess in the top of the intergear with weld then dremel it out for a good fit. A pain but blueprinting is never easy & all the minor details add up & keeps me on top of the chebrolet boys & maintains Mopar superiority. Next on the check list is possibly adding a shim on the top shaft under the clip to reduce that axial play and to drill/tap the outer ends of the slot plate so I can add a setscrew (one on each end)) to be able to adj total thru the vac can window & do Nacho's trick of bending the magnet so the vac adv changes the reluctor gap as little as possible (as is there is too much change) & I'm considering adding one of those 60's spouts on the side so you can add drops of oil to lube the bushings tho they do seem to get lubed somehow adequately but I do reduce the play right there at that opening where the oil vapors enter to .005" by adding shims above the OE collar/roll pin. EDIT Big blocks, yes absolutely

Last edited by RapidRobert; 03/21/14 12:25 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth