Quote:

I'm kind of in a similar situation, I just bought a Bad Boys Blaster Tornado series 125 lb pressure pot ($300) and have been looking for a compressor. Haven't seen a good deal on a engine powered compressor in some time and I'd rather not rent because I plan to add a blast cabinet too for frequent usage.

Since I'm on single phase power looks like 10 HP motor is as big as I can go. I see the Polar Air Eaton compressors out there more reasonably priced and they claim 35 scfm @ 175 psi ($2500).

Would that keep up reasonably well?

I would say yes, 35CFM should be enough. That sounds like a killer compressor. I was considering a 7.5 HP electric before going diesel.

100 is over kill and is usually the smallest of the tow behinds? But I'm not sure of that?

I rented this one(100 CFM) I bet 10 or more times from the tool rental and then asked how much to buy it?
I can't remember exactly how much it was, as it's been 10 or more years ago, it was around 3 grand I believe? Now I have it and have done countless larger jobs with it. Paid for it's self a long time ago.