Quote:

Looks Like 2 different cudadan's have made there own mounts and have been able to use the Doug's Headers. The cudadan that has showed us pics looks like has NO A/C. No a/c would have allowed me to Raise the motor as the a/c requires hood clearence on the truck motor, if I had built my on mounts. I used the TTI mounts as I felt they had sorta set the standard. My motor sits a little lower I think which causes the header to hit the Power steering gearbox. Neither of the cudadans show which hood they used. looks like the pics I saw showed the motor droped in with the headers attached and then the mounts built? I think my motor sits close to the Others I have seen on Moparts as that most folks that have run the truck exhaust manifolds have had to do just a little grinding to get them to fit as I would have had I not sloted the 3 gearbox holes on the borgeson box, the Factory box would have required a rib on the truck manifold to be ground off. Here is a quote from Doug's website:

The D4477 will fit the 70-74 Challenger/Cuda, 68-74 Charger/Coronet/Belvedere/Super Bee/GTX/Roadrunner, as well as the 75-77 Fury using most of the common engine mounting kits on the market.

Remember also there Tech Guy never would call me back, he had said he did not know anything about these headers and would have to call the R&D guy. I would have loved to talk with the R&D guy to make the headers fit if he knew something I did not.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

, im running an AAR hood on my cuda, i have about 1/8th clearance to my steering box,i have seen ppl use an 1/8" shim between the motor and mount, just to get that little extra room