I bought a set of Doug's headers for my 71 cuda 5.7 hemi swap back in January. The Headers do not fit, not even close, the power steering box is 2" from head and the headers stick out 3". I called Doug's tech Guy after a few calls I get Him, He says he does not know anything about these that they are "New" ( started production in Oct 2013) But he will call the R&D guys and Find out. Mean while I send a Ebay email to the seller ( who turns out to be the Manufacturer ) to let them know that the headers do not fit and I have contacted Doug's. The seller emails back that I needed to use S&P's Motor mounts as recommended on Doug's Website. ( Website say's These Headers will work with most motor mounts on the Market ). I try several times with no answer or returned call from the Tech Guy at Doug's. I email several times to the seller, they say the tech guy will call today. After 3 1/2 weeks I ask for the return info, no reply so then I ask for the return info 4 days later. I Get a RMA number and ship the headers back to the Seller/Manufacture. It cost over $77.00 the UPS lady lets me know Doug's gets a discount and it would have been around $50.00 for them to pay the return shipping. I call Pertronix (Doug's) and I ask for reimburstment for My shipping cost. the Manager calls me back to let me know that they will check the headers, if they fit there Fixture then it is obviously something wrong with my car, not the headers.

Am I un reasonable to expect that Doug's Headers ( Pertronix ) Pay me back for the return shipping? I have been Patient for there non existent Tech help or Customer service. The product DOES NOT even come close to fitting my car Which the ad and website Clearly state it will.

Blast me and tell me where I went wrong if you think I need it or tell I Have done what a resonible person would do and expect.