Quote:

Quote:

Ran into this last year after changing convertor in a customers car. The convertor fit fine on a 6 bolt crank but on an 8 bolt, the flexplate to convertor bolts hit the hub on the convertor before the bolts into the convertor were tight.
Look to marks in that area of the convertor from the bolt heads. Thin spacers between the two fixed the issue but we used longer bolts to ensure enough thread engagement.

I have absolutely seen this as a problem with several cars. The bolt heads are barely rubbing on the rounded part of the converter housing, and they will back out almost every run, or every couple runs.

I think its already been said here.

1) Check for interference of bolts/TC cover
2) Balancing/damper ( we have no idea on this one, only YOU know if the shop balanced it.Get the records from them and see if anything looks suspect)
3) I agree 100% with torquing the bolts everytime. A converter bolt SHOULD NOT need red loctite to STAY IN. Only to be a preventative safety measure.

My

To go into detail a little further we had an aftermarket damper that looked great last year but the outer ring spun 180 degrees. Double check top dead center to see if the outer ring could be moving. An ATI damper is going on this years engine.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time