Quote:

I have in my garage a Dana 60-2. I have modified it for use in my 1987 Dodge D100. I think the only difference between the D60 and the D60-2 is that the axle tubes are 2.875" in OD and the D60 can have tubes as big as 3.125" in OD. I was able to identify it by the 6 digits on the back of the right side axle tube and that corresponds to a Jeep J-20 rear axle and was obviously not a steer axle. So I think the center casting is the common part around which a rear end is built with pieces to match the application

the Dana 60-2 I have in the shop has 2.5 inch O.D. axle tubes in it I talked to Cass at Dr Diff several years ago and he use to bore the Dana 60-2 center sections out with the 2.5 inch axle tubes to three inch and put new axle tubes in them but he stopped doing that years ago, to much labor and effort to make the changes with junkyard prices on Dana 60 cores being so cheap now I've seen Dana 60 with stock 3.0, 3.125 and 3.25 O.D. diameter axle tubes in them from Dana Corp The Dana 60-2 I have was supposidely out of the front of a 4x4 that got hit by a train down in the Mojave desert years ago, it had both ends cut off of it and a severaly bent axle tube left in it when I bought it as a core, my point is I'm not sure if it was a front or rear housing or not

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 02/04/14 05:13 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)