Quote:

Quote:

Just got off the phone with a tech at comp cams. Since it was a special ordered/built cam? They had a record of all the specs on the cam. Said it was their fault. The cam went out the door not within specs. I'm not wasting a week sending it back to them to correct. Will let my machine shop correct it. And send Comp the bill. Wanting to hear back if their warranty dept is ok with that? They better be!!

Bet they won't... better plan to send it back, since they won't pay the bill for a cam that they can't even inspect first-hand to confirm the issue.

They may not? But the tech guy i called looked up my name. The cam and the specs on what the cam mains was turned down to. And then admitted it wasn't within specs and shouldn't have went out the door like that. He brought up the point about seeing if the warranty dept will just let my local machine shop correct it and me send them the bill to reimburse me. Either way?? If i have to eat the cost? I will. But i won't wait another week for them to make it right. I can finish building my engine and transmission and have it down in the truck by then. Won't be the first product i bought that cost me extra money to correct their mistake.