I ask this question because I have had horrible luck with the gasket I have been trying to run and keep running because I can get them cheap and locally. I run a 1 inch 4 hole phenolic carburetor spacer on top of my manifold and I run a quick fuel super street series 680cfm vaccum secondary carburetor.
I run a standard open gasket on top of my manifold and under my spacer, and then I run a 4 hole gasket on top of my 4 hole spacer nd underneath my carburetor. The gasket I have been running and having issues with is the Mr Gasket 55 4 hole gasket.
They last for about 2 or 3 months and then there is a vaccum leak at the front corner, its like the seal just disappears, you can see the seal on the rest of the gasket except in the passenger front corner.
Are these gaskets just junk? And if so what are some good gaskets to try? I can always tell when the gasket has lost it's seal my idle becomes unstable and I can hear and feel miss fires. I have had this happen 2 or 3 times in the last year. All I can figure is these gaskets just suck, or carburetor base gaskets require changing a lot more then I would have thought.