Quote:

The speed of the motor is determined by resistors in the switch. A dry windshield will increase the load and couple that with the reduction of power and maybe even a low battery and voila, you have wipers that stop where they shouldn't.

1) try the switch in all speeds
2) disconnect the linkage and see if its still a problem

Oh, here's something to check ... when the wipers stop, is the motor still turning? If so, the big gear in the transmission has stripped teeth.

I may be wrong but from what I remember none of the Mopars in the muscle cars years used a switch with resistance in it other then for intermittant wipers. I believe the 2 speed wiper used a resister mounted on the wiper motor for low speed and the 3 speed wiper motors used shunt windings to change the wiper speeds. But to me if yours stops at any place on the windshield it sounds like a motor problem or bad motor ground. If it stops at all different places it does not sound like a park circuit problem which a park circuit could be the switch or motor but that would usually stop in the same place at the bottom of the windshield. Ron