Quote:

Thanks for the info........another brand i just read up on and may try is the Progear chain sets.

This is the way to go. I have sold and used 100's of sets, and they dont stretch and wear like many of the others. Good true old school American quality stuff, from a company that has been making gears for many many years.

Cloyes is simply not the quality it used to be. I dont use anything Cloyes, unless a customer already has their own to supply for the build. Not impressed.

Most all " big box" and cam manufacter brands are just reboxed sets made by one of basically 3 or 4 companies.Also dont be fooled by " billet" timing sets either. It doesnt always meant hey are the best choice. You will often find the chains on some sets wear first, and on other cheap sets, the teeth simply wear down quickly. A set is also not necessarily good because it " looks nice" ( IE: some of the billet stuff).

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.