Quote:

I say who cares ? Sure as heck not me as I will never put a Chevy eng in a Mopar to start with. Thats because I like 60's and 70's muscle cars and the LS whatever you guys are talking about is not even in my vocabulary. Now the LS6 Chevell 454 is a nice 70 muscle car eng and I like it in a Chevy. Myself I dont like putting new modern engines in old 60's and 70's muscle cars. The guys that are into the new stuff including that LS whatever eng then good for them but not me. If I see a 69 Camaro with a new modern GM eng at the track or a car show I dont even look at it. Ron

Ron I agree, but we're dinosaurs. I grew up with Mopars, my Uncles had them. Plus in the late 70's they could be bought cheap. But what about now? Honestly, if you were young with limited funds and bit by the go fast bug could you afford Mopars? You can buy a 80-90's Camaro for almost nothing. Add a junk yard LS, a turbo and go fast cheap! Plus there are a ton of aftermarket parts for them. How about the new Hemi? How many aftermarket blocks have you seen? Heads? Intakes?Engine controllers? You get my point.

Please don't take me wrong, I love my Mopars and have NEVER owned a GM. But.....if I were starting over with nothing and wanted to go fast it probably wouldn't be a Mopar. I wouldn't be able to afford them.