Quote:

First off 150 on the STOP in S/ST is NOT a 9.0 you will need to be a good deal faster than that to carry 150 on the stop, even in great air. More like an 8.60. Not as easy to run that kind of MPH on the stop as it is off.

With you being 3000 you are going to need every bit of 1000hp to run 150 in good air consistently. We have a couple of fellow members running S/ST with B1 original deals, both cars run well in the 8's off the stop, one has yet to run 150mph and the other just made it in great air. Both cars IMO are over 950hp and I know one is at about your weight. There is also a member her with a car at 2800 with a big Predator(588 IIRC)that runs mid 150's. Running big MPH on the stop is not as easy as some folks seem to think for sure.

As for the combo. I am not a fan of the really big motors. I think everyone knows my junk is on the smallish side. I am also not sold on tall deck deals for various reasons either. But if ya wanna go big ya gotta go that way. Having said that it will take RPM to make that kind of power, the smaller the cubes the more RPM you will need to make the power. Just the way it is. Now that does not mean it cannot be reliable, IF you spend money on the right parts. i know of at least three cars out here that can all go 160 in S/ST. One is a 632, One is a 680"(car has run TS, SG, SC and S/ST and has a Wally in all), one is a 565 and the last one is a little ole 525

I didnt catch the SST so yeah it needs I think closer
to 165mph or higher, so thats closer to a 8.30 or so
and that takes a little over 1000 hp... I dont see
it doing that unless he turns over 9000 rpm
EDIT
and thats at a better elevation

Last edited by MR_P_BODY; 01/15/14 09:19 PM.