Quote:

You are making this more difficult than it needs to be.

Why a CD relay on the starter line. Wrong piece and totally unnecessary. Use a Ford relay, cheap and easy. Fuses and Breakers... ?????

You need to be aware of the amp load flowing through each device. Those 4 poles are not a great choice in some cases.

Use the appropriate device for the task.

You've seen a couple of methods to wire things up and got some confusing responses from a person on another board. That person knows what he's talking about most of the time. In this case he's way off base IMO. You've added items to them that are not really necessary. Keep it SIMPLE but safe. Just remember, there is a minimum standard and improvements on that minimum standard.
-------------------------------------------
Do you want a fat starter wire running forward being hot all the time? Yes, just run that fat wire forward direct off the battery. No, place a ford solenoid in line.

Want the alt line hot all the time? Wire it staright to the battery. No, place a CD relay in line.

Those are the two biggest issues IMO. Pick where you want the system

to be totally dead in the car when the master is turned off.

thanks RobX4406, yes i think this past week reading and looking at diagrams has made me more confused than when i started. So put in a ford solenoid in line for the starter and a cd relay for the alternator and call it good?

im just trying to be really careful/safe as i've been working on this car for a long time and dont want something stupid to happen because i went cheap/unsafe.