Quote:

it takes more fluid to activate the wheel cylinders than the calipers---check out how small the reservoirs are on masters used on circle track cars (speedway catalog)these are the same as used on nascar units in the 70-80,s...yeah and if i wanted to look more period correct i could use the stock pot on my 64 to activate my 4 wheel disc setup....bob

Self adjusting drum brakes do not require an additional "make up" source of fluid unlike calipers. Ad the shoes wear the self adjusters keep the shoe to drum clearances close to unchanged through out the wear cycle of the shoes. Pads, otoh, need more fluid in the caliper as the pad wears which is why disc M/C's have larger reservoirs for the disc portion. Modern split braking brake systems that do not use separate reservoirs have a low brake fluid sensor for a reason.

Using race technology as analogous to street use is a bad idea. I bet those examples of yours have the brakes and fluid levels inspected considerably more often than a street car. Be honest, when was the last time you looked at the fluid level of your DD.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.