Quote:

gene has made some very good points. but what i see as a somewhat critical issue is the fact that using a duel circuit master will leave a person with at least some braking reserve if a problem arises, whereas if a single cuircit master develops an issue, you have zero brakes. remember this : "speed never kills - it's the sudden stop that does you in every time......"

Funny thing about the "new" dual pot master cylinders, most are really one reservoir with two openings you can fill them with. Since about the mid 80s the front and the rear are no longer separate reservoirs.
I had a beater mid 80s front drive Chrysler I used as a work car. One day, some lady turned in front of me, and when I slammed the brakes hard, I blew a brake line going towards the rear. Since I did miss the lady, I figured I could make it home if I drove easy, knowing the car had a dual reservoir master and knowing I had a bad line. Well, about the 3rd time I stepped on the brakes, the pedal went to the floor, out of fluid. Looking into the now empty two lid cavity, it was plain to see a divider between the two lids, in the top 1/2 of the reservoir, but the bottom half had no divider, it was one large chamber. Through the years, I have changed many master cylinders, on nearly everyone, you can fill the entire thing through one lid, there is an equalizing port between the two reservoirs. Try it the next time you do a master cylinder, I suspect at least 75% are now connected so they fill, and run out of fluid at the same time. Gene