I pulled a 40' goose with a 3500 4 wheel truck for 7 years. It was a nice ride and didn't notice any sway or anything uncomfortable with a 4 wheel 3500 truck. Mine was a 454 and did fine for 125K until I sold the truck. It was mostly trouble free truck and saw all towing in those 125K miles. Then I got a 99 454 dually and regretted it for the 13 years I owned it. Didn't need the dually, the salesman tried to tell me, but I wanted a dually then and I was trying to pull a 49' goose(with a top alcohol dragster with 2 spare motors, 2 spare trans and lot's of clutch plates and a machine to grind them) which was too much for my BB dually with 456 gears in it. Then I got a toterhome.

I would think long and hard about today's diesels.

I recently got a new F250 with gas 6.2 motor after driving GM for 20 years. Before that it was dodge, but I didn't want the noisy smelly diesel in 1993 when I switched to GM(the 8000 dollar diesel was the only tow motor for dodge in 93). I had already burned up a 360 in a dodge truck towing a 28' tag trailer And I work on diesels everyday at work, I didn't want it to feel like a work truck at the time(93).

The new 6.2 has way more power than any 454 I have driven and get's almost twice the mileage... I did a ton of research before buying ford.

Last edited by Challenger 1; 12/11/13 10:41 PM.