I need to get a second job

So my observations:
1. Mopar performance MIA, no wonder we have so many mustang/Corvette threads lately
2. First PRI I have attended oustide of Orlando, ( I'm a Fla guy), thought the show had better vendor representation from smaller vendors, all in all, a better show
3. It was cold, and what's up with all the white wet crap on the ground?
4. The quicktime? guys had new to be released bolt on EFI unit on display that looked interesting.
5. One of the Rad manufacturers display a racing alum radiator in the standard sizes with "plastic" side tanks, saving weight, not a big proponent of plastic rad tanks, but it nice enough to own.
6. The QA1 mopar front clip display looked very nice, I was surprised I liked it.
7. One of the hose fitting vendors had a jig for sale that used a common circular saw with a special non toothed blade to very cleanly cut braided stainless hose.
8. Different vendor had a jig to install push on style hose effortlessly. for those that use the stuff.
9. Big Ass fans han a ground supported roll around fan that was cool, but pricey.
10. Electromotive is getting ready to release latest version "TechR" EFI
11. AEM EFI "infinity" is not sequential in 8 cyl
12. There were a number over the top well done project cars on display
13. The models were plentiful and appropriate.
14. Thursday was crowded, Sat was light, likely because of weather
15. Mccleod didn't? display any mopar 5 speed hardware
16. Parking is a hassle
17. Orlando has a better layout
18. Spoke in length with the guys with the full scale low speed (85mph) wind tunnel in NC. It sounds neat. ought to get a group buy togethet (>$500/hr) and test similar models in a session, wouldn't likely save much money, but the learned collective knowledge with many different solutions would fill in a lot of gaps and guesses IMO
19. Also spoke with a number really sharp just out school engineers that had a great attitude and know their stuff. Kinda see times changing, when it used to be the old guys with all the experience had everybodies ear, and now these "kids" are leading the pack, not exactly, but it definitely is a sea change IMO.

I forgot,the most impressive item

20. Vendor JD Squared had a 5'?x10'? rolling elevated partial jig stand with an assortment of clamps on display. It's stout enough to fully support a car, and would be great for upgrading suspension, etc type work. It is NOT a surface plate/pull down jig however. Best aspect, its >$1500 plus shipping, I'll post a pic if anyone is interested, sure its on thier website.

Last edited by jcc; 12/15/13 02:48 AM.