Moparts

PRI Show @ Indy

Posted By: dodgem_doug

PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 03:22 AM

Anyone attending the Performance Racing Industry show at Indy this next weekend(12-12, 13 & 14)?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 03:26 AM

Me and my buddy would love to go if we could get passes
Posted By: dwayne welder

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 03:32 AM

I'll be there, from wednesday till saturday!!!!
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 03:37 AM

Quote:

I have heard that if you have a current NHRA or IHRA License that you can get in and purchase your credentials at the door.....worth a call to validate...????

Rickster

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 03:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I have heard that if you have a current NHRA or IHRA License that you can get in and purchase your credentials at the door.....worth a call to validate...????

Rickster

I dont have a nhra license anymore... no can get
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 04:16 AM

I'm going for a couple days. I haven't decided which days yet though.
Keith
Posted By: Leon441

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 04:13 PM

Just made a call the other day to PRI. A simple license will not get you a pass. You have to prove you are a professional team. My friend runs comp and has a Pro Stock license. I was told that was not enough. He will have to use his federal tax Id number for his business. However you can get a pass through any vendor at the show. You can also get one through anyone who has a business illegible for PRI as an employee. That is how my dad went as my "Flunky Gofor" and that is exactly what we showed on his paperwork. We all got a kick out of that.

The passes are not for sale nor do they cost anything. You just have to be in the industry and prove it. There are a ton of racers there but usually wearing a pass provided by a vendor. I personally hate the people getting in my way trying to get free stuff from manufacturers. This is not the place to propose sponsorship. Although it seems to have turned in to just that.

Leon
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 04:21 PM

BGR crew will be there Sat about noon.

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 04:23 PM

When I was working at Chrysler, one of my vendors
gave me a couple of passes(I forget if they were a
fuel or exhaust supplier) but at the last minute I
had to work that weekend... so I've never been to it
Posted By: mr2performance

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 05:20 PM

I've got two cars in the show, the new challenger superstocker (Driller) that I just finished will be in sunnens booth and Al Carps challenger stocker that David Barton drives will be there also. See you there, Mike
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 05:27 PM

Raff if you need passes let me know, i will give you some of mine.

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 05:29 PM

Quote:

Let me verify with my buddy to make sure we can make
it... what weekend is it
Thanks

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 05:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Let me verify with my buddy to make sure we can make
it... what weekend is it
Thanks

EDIT
Matt.. looks like I'll have to pass on them... my
buddy cant make it and I dont want to drive down
by myself..... but thanks... MAYBE next year

Posted By: jg309

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 06:04 PM

mr p-body can't do anything this year, but next year let me know about middle oct. & i'll add you to my list,john
Posted By: jcc

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 07:14 PM

I got passes, its 85F outside, and just not sure I'm up for the change of climate.

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 07:27 PM

Quote:

mr p-body can't do anything this year, but next year let me know about middle oct. & i'll add you to my list,john

I'll keep you in mind.. thanks
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/09/13 11:25 PM

No problem Raff, anytime!
Posted By: Scott58

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/10/13 06:46 AM

I'm going on Thursday.

Scott
Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/10/13 08:47 AM

I have 5 full days of seminars and events Tuesday through Saturday, ending with the NHRA Division 3 awards banquet Saturday night. While I am Technically working the NADM (Diesel Motorsports) Booth, I may not be actually "in" the booth. So if your there and want to say Howdy, try my cell phone or the nearest happy hour!
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/12/13 05:13 AM

Quote:

I've got two cars in the show, the new challenger superstocker (Driller) that I just finished will be in sunnens booth and Al Carps challenger stocker that David Barton drives will be there also. See you there, Mike

Dude the Driller is AMAZING!!!! Hats off to you guys on that thing!
Posted By: Frito

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/12/13 11:31 AM

I'll be there today and tomorrow. BTW, a nice atricle on "The Driller" will be appearing in Drag Racing Action when it hit's the newstands.
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/12/13 04:05 PM

I've been given an opportunity to go on Friday.
It's a wonderful 5 degrees here.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/12/13 05:04 PM

Quote:

Al Carps challenger stocker that David Barton drives will be there.

Wow I would like to check out Al's Challenger! Your suspension & chassis must be working very good to compliment RBRE's power.
Good job Mike R.
Don

Attached picture 7956457-wheelie@Byron2012.jpg
Posted By: Frito

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/14/13 04:36 AM

Just got home. A LOT of MoParts members were there. Some are getting wild right now at the go cart track. My money is on Gorski!!!! Word is he sneaked in a set of Fire Cores and a super duper top secret one of a kind prototype coil and knocked Josh King out of his ride.
Posted By: dodgem_doug

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/14/13 05:58 AM

Spent Thursday & Friday at the show. Was gonna stay through Saturday but came home Friday night due to the snow coming in. The show was great. If you can't find it there, they probably don't make it. I have a feeling this will be a yearly Christmas shopping trip.
Posted By: jcc

Re: PRI Show @ Indy - 12/15/13 06:13 AM

I need to get a second job

So my observations:
1. Mopar performance MIA, no wonder we have so many mustang/Corvette threads lately
2. First PRI I have attended oustide of Orlando, ( I'm a Fla guy), thought the show had better vendor representation from smaller vendors, all in all, a better show
3. It was cold, and what's up with all the white wet crap on the ground?
4. The quicktime? guys had new to be released bolt on EFI unit on display that looked interesting.
5. One of the Rad manufacturers display a racing alum radiator in the standard sizes with "plastic" side tanks, saving weight, not a big proponent of plastic rad tanks, but it nice enough to own.
6. The QA1 mopar front clip display looked very nice, I was surprised I liked it.
7. One of the hose fitting vendors had a jig for sale that used a common circular saw with a special non toothed blade to very cleanly cut braided stainless hose.
8. Different vendor had a jig to install push on style hose effortlessly. for those that use the stuff.
9. Big Ass fans han a ground supported roll around fan that was cool, but pricey.
10. Electromotive is getting ready to release latest version "TechR" EFI
11. AEM EFI "infinity" is not sequential in 8 cyl
12. There were a number over the top well done project cars on display
13. The models were plentiful and appropriate.
14. Thursday was crowded, Sat was light, likely because of weather
15. Mccleod didn't? display any mopar 5 speed hardware
16. Parking is a hassle
17. Orlando has a better layout
18. Spoke in length with the guys with the full scale low speed (85mph) wind tunnel in NC. It sounds neat. ought to get a group buy togethet (>$500/hr) and test similar models in a session, wouldn't likely save much money, but the learned collective knowledge with many different solutions would fill in a lot of gaps and guesses IMO
19. Also spoke with a number really sharp just out school engineers that had a great attitude and know their stuff. Kinda see times changing, when it used to be the old guys with all the experience had everybodies ear, and now these "kids" are leading the pack, not exactly, but it definitely is a sea change IMO.

I forgot,the most impressive item

20. Vendor JD Squared had a 5'?x10'? rolling elevated partial jig stand with an assortment of clamps on display. It's stout enough to fully support a car, and would be great for upgrading suspension, etc type work. It is NOT a surface plate/pull down jig however. Best aspect, its >$1500 plus shipping, I'll post a pic if anyone is interested, sure its on thier website.
© 2024 Moparts Forums