Quote:

I must have a stump-puller motor in mine compared to you other .... on a EZ grandma leave at a stop lite ... the BUTTON on my dash shifter is in D .... with a 2.76 gear .

...and none of youz say PICS or it never happened ..

What the heck are you trying to say ?? I think you may be the on this one.

I have been driving my reverse manual valve body mopars since the 70's on the street.
One simple rule is just dont downshift into first until you are at a complete stop. Dont matter if its LBA or not as long as you dont downshift into first until you stop everything will be fine. You can downshift to second at normal speeds just like any auto trans would do. When I am coming to a stop at a redlite I downshift to second about 25 mph and if the lite turns and I have to go I will already be in second but if the lite dont turn then I come to a stop and then downshift to first. And I just upshift like a normal auto would shift unless at the track and I am racing then of course I wind it up some. Its not a big deal if you just use common sense and drive it like a normal car. And as was said the one rule is just dont downshift to first until you stop and you will be fine no matter what valve body is in it. That will protect the overrunning clutch (sprag) in the trans because if it has no LBA and you downshifted to first while moving and get on the gas you can hurt the rollers in the sprag so to be safe just come to a stop before you downshift into first. Downshifting into second and getting on the gas is fine. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 11/22/13 11:00 AM.