Quote:

there is about 1/16 of gear movement. I am running Joe Gibbs high zinc oil 15W40 and not sure why the engine builder used a high pressure stock volume pump. My oil pressure at 50 mph cruise at 185f is 63 psi, and at idle it is around 31 psi at 180f.

With that much play close to the centerline of the intergear imagine how much that will be out at the rotor tip causing many degrees of timing variation. The most critical part of the oiling system is how well the rod bearings are being fed no matter what the psi (within reason). I wouldn't want to do alot of oiling changes without knowing what oiling mods (if any) the builder did cuz there must be enough pressure/volume thru whatever dia/routing of passages are in place. The critical part is feeding the rod bearings & if they look good I'd maybe change the viscosity if it's the wrong weight/type right now forgetting about the psi for the moment. If the viscosity is proper right now/& the rod bearings look OK then I'd start cutting coils off of the spring to lower the psi slightly. The bottom line is the condition of the rod bearings

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth