Thank you roadhazzard. We are glad Fluidampr has proved the test of time for you as well.

Most builders and enthusiasts who use Fluidampr, love and use them for life. Again, there is just so much misinformation put out there. And the internet has just made it worse. Now everyone has an opinion and in most cases it is just that. I have heard every possible fallacy you can think of. The silicone hardens over time, the silicone settles, they do not balance, the crankshaft breaks, etc.It is generally an "I heard" situation vs. anyone providing true evidence that a failure or problem can be directly attributed to Fluidampr. Have crankshafts broken with Fluidampr installed? Sure. But I can assure you so have ATI and many other dampers for that matter. We are talking about monster power plants for engines. We (motorsports in general) are constantly looking for a little more, a little edge. Eventually something is going to break whether it be a crankshaft or any other engine component. I know one crankshaft manufacturer who puts a slip of paper in with every crankshaft they sell that states they will not warranty if a fluid type damper is used. It is so much easier to point to a damper than warranty a cheap offshore crankshaft. Not to mention this same manufacturer sells a cheap rubber damper with their name on it, so why would they endorse our damper? Again, the OEM's that use Fluidampr both in gas and diesel engines would not do so if they broke crankshafts or did not work as we claim. I am confident that more OEM's would use them if it wasn't for cost. It is much cheaper to manufacture a rubber damper than a viscous damper.

Last edited by inc4203; 11/14/13 03:00 PM.