My name is Ivan and I work for Fluidampr. I am here to answer any questions you may have regarding our product. I am NOT here to try and sell, just educate on the FACTS of Fluidampr as there is a lot of myths about our product.

The education... Fluidampr's viscous technology was invented by our sister company, Vibratech TVD, in 1946 for diesel engines. Viscous dampers continue to be used on over 90% of heavy duty engines and we are an OEM supplier to many of these manufacturers. This technology can also be found OEM on high end super cars such as the Ford GT40, Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi R8, and is even now being used OEM by Dodge Cummins on their 6.7 diesel engines. We were approached by Nascar engine builders in the 1980's to develop performance dampers for their high output gas engines.

I personally travel the country performing education seminars on torsional vibrations and damper solutions as well as work closely with top engine builders performing torsional vibration analysis.

I will not get into an argument over which is better Fluidampr or ATI. I am not here to do so. Again, I am here to provide the facts and to put to the ridiculous claims that certain people "heard" from a friend to rest. In all of my testing I have found that these are both premium dampers that are so far ahead of the competition it is not even close. During this testing we measure torsional vibrations by mounting an infra-red laser pick up and a special pulley to the crank. This is measured in peak to peak twist of the crankshaft. Every time the engine fires it twists the crankshaft ahead of its natural rotation and then the crank rebounds back to its position causing vibrations to travel back through the crankshaft reaching critical engine components and robbing the engine of power. During this testing on an engine dyno we measure H.P. and Torque. Again, no comparison both Fluidampr and ATI continuously put up the greatest power numbers over every other unit on the market. I can sit here and tell you how why I know Fluidampr is better, but I am biased right? So lets leave that for you. But I will challenge anyone who has access to a dyno to put the same size diameter (or close within a 1/4") ATI and Fluidampr on a crankshaft, run a back to back comparison on the same engine, same day and show me that Fluidampr does not put up the highest numbers.

Now to the facts… Fluidampr’s do not leak! Is it possible, sure anything is possible it is a manufactured part. And I might add a 100% made in the USA manufactured part with only North American materials. I can tell you this, I worked for Fluidampr’s parent company, Horschel Brothers Precision for 12 years as a machinist and supervisor and then for Fluidampr for the past 3 years and I have yet to see a performance Fluidampr that has left our shop and leaks. They are in a hermetically sealed housing and are 100% nitrogen leak tested before leaving the factory. I have had dampers come back that were thought to leak but in fact they do not and often it is a fluid from another engine component. My advice to anyone with a thought to be leaking Fluidampr is to remove the unit completely wash and dry it then set it upside down on some paper towels. The fluid inside is 45,000 thicker than 30 weight motor oil and very sticky to the touch. In a performance application the damper will last the life of the engine and does not go bad. The viscous silicone fluid will not harden or turn to glue in a performance application. I say this because on a heavy duty engine, due to the severe punishment of a constant running diesel engine, the damper should be replaced every 500,000 – 750,000 miles or equivalent in hours on gen sets. Small dings, sorry again, false. The damper housing is a minimum of an 1/8” thick. A rock that can reach the damper and a slip of a wrench is not going to hurt the housing. We warn people not to beat them onto a crankshaft with a hammer because this can cause damage and it is better to be safe.

Now that I have that out of the way, please feel free to ask me any questions or for a quicker response contact me direct via email at ivan.snyder@fluidampr.com

By the way… I would like to share this link. This gentleman contacted us a few weeks back regarding a 25 year old damper he had run in the mid 80’s when we first released dampers. Please check this out:
http://www.fluidampr.com/news/does-a-flu...ts-damper.-112/