I ran into a bracket racer at Wodburn two years ago that had bought a motor from one of my engine customers in SO CA that I built ten or more years ago, that motor was a 426 Street wedge with a bunch of problems, I treid to talk the original customer into building a better motor but he wanted that block and heads with a stroker crank in it Long story short the new guy is wining races with it and having a ball, I got to upgrade the heads, intake and cam last winter also He is 73 now and started drag racing when he was 70 or 71 yrs. old, he has always been a car guy. He got the bug to go fast several years ago and bought two junky (according to him)1965 Plymouth Belevderes 1 two door sedans and made one car out of the two. He brings a older freind of his who is a car guy also to the races, I have heard him tell his other freinds when he first went to the drags up here all he saw was a bunch of old guys drag racing and having a blast doing it I walked away in 1988 and basically quit NHRA drag racing, sold my stocker and bracket car and took up flyimg I made myself a promise that I would never drag race again unless I was having fun,I hadn't won a race in four years back then and was hating myself at the races It is still fun now but I'm not racing as hard or as often as I use to, mostly bracket racing locally and test and tuning to learn more about how to make more power and go faster

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)