Quote:

Can someone post a picture of a factory 4 speed tunnel weld and also mine does have that same seam sealer you find in the trunk seams but some has chunked off so I can see the weld. Also I talked with one of the guys at the body shop and he feels like its the correct factory tunnel not after market and weld and seam sealer. Maybe the ? is would it have seam sealer on the tunnel weld??? Without a BS we may never know!!! Thanks LJ

Based on what you have told us so far, I don't think a pic of a factory tunnel will be of any help to you.

You said the "fender tag does say 4 speed and 3.23 sure grip yes the SO # match the body", so we know the tag belongs to the body and the car was built as a 4spd. I don't see any reason to further question the 4spd part.

The 3.23 axle is a different story. A 3.23 axle has to be a 8.75 axle, not a Dana, as the Dana axle was not available in 3.23 ratio.

It seems like you are saying the car has a 3.23 ratio Dana, which is not possible from the factory. Either you have a 3.23 axle, in which case it is not a Dana, or you have a Dana, in which case it would not be 3.23 ratio.

The 8.75 vs Dana difference is easy to see at a glance. In case you are not familiar with these axles this thread has an illustration of various Mopar axles.https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=1#Post7917915

You do not need the BS to answer your questions. Since the fender tag matches the body, it has the info you need. Look at the model code and engine code, that will tell you what car model and which engine the car had originally.

Let us know what you find.

No matter what the tag says, it will be a nice car to have!

What color combo is it?

Drive it and enjoy it!

Last edited by moparfan53; 11/11/13 05:35 PM.