Quote:

awesome, I am gonna do it. I just never had a stroked motor and just wanted too know what some of you dudes thought. It is going to be a max wedge clone car. The car will appear stock. But it should be a beast I hope. I have both sets 0f 3447 carbs or 3705 carbs. Will the larger 3705 carbs be better for the 505 cubes? I would think so.

Dude, you do know that the rear tires are the limiting factor on how much power you can put to the ground, correct? I've owned and raced several Max wedge cars over the years, a couple of Street Hemi cars also . I ran both size carbs, the 3447 on the M.W. Stocker and the 3705 on the M.W. bracket car, the bracket car had a 440 short block and it had a full 12 point cage so it weighed about 250 lbs more than the stocker, it had a Dana 70 in it with big tires and wheels on the rear, it was right at .2 ET quicker and 2.0 mph faster than the stocker They where both fun to drive My last pump gas street and strip car was a 512 C.I. 400 stroker that started off with a set of ported big valve 906 iron heads and a stock type low deck six pak, it ended up with a set of Indy SR heads with M.W. ports and a single Dominator 1050 CFM carb. on it, it was a flat out blast to drive If your going to run stock type iron heads don't shoot for or use more than 9.5 to 1 compression My 512 C.i. pump gas stroker made 612 Hp at 5600 RPM and 644 Ft lbs of torque at 4500 RPM on CA pump swill back in 2003 with 9 1/4 to 1 true compression ratio with the 906 heads and six pak, yours will make quiet a bit more HP and torque than that with the M.W. heads and intake and carbs, trust me on that Get ready to live your dream or be scared to death

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)