Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So, I ask this to Brett.....Is there a chance at 5.0's with a max effort N/A SB build based around your current "big" port at 417 CID and still be a reliable bracket car? And I'm trimming weight again this winter....should be around 2740 race weight.

Great job....the car is flying. I have erred on the side of reliability and let the car run what it runs, thats probably why mine don't run as well as others with a very similar combo but it's still together after 5 years of beating on it.

"Max effort" and reliable bracket car are usually not found in the same sentence. Although if you get that car down in the 2700# range, a truely max effort W8 with a sheet, 2 x 4 and all the other ingredients will go well past 1000hp.

Might need a Proflite to run in the 5.0 range though....that is fast for an N/A straight headed smallblock at that weight, but I think Paul Ricci has run 8ohs at E-Town around 2800#.

I'm sure there are quicker out there, but parts to parts I think we are doing very well. These are 17 year old heads with a modern port and small cam, single 4bbl, small cast intake (and not the "good" one).

You are right Jim, reliable and max effort are different things which is why I'm torn over putting a big wedge in this or making this combo quicker at the cost of reliability.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.