Quote:

So I'm planning on doing a stroker motor for my super bee over the winter.
Here are the for sure things: Stealth heads, 383 rpm intake and holley 750.
Should I go with the Muscle Motors or 440source kits? I have a line on a 1973 400 block (have to see if it's ever been bored out though).
My car has manual steering/brakes and a 4 speed with 3.55's in the rearend right now. 295/50-15's are the rear tire size. Down the line (next year) I will get an 18 spline hemi box and a dana(with probably the same gear ratio ~3.54).
I drive my car a lot and have only taken it to the strip a few times (best run of only a 14.5 w/ my low compression motor). Must have decent street manors and get at least 20 mpg (jk about the mpgs ) It has stock hp manifolds on it, but I will probably get rid of those in favor of some headers.

The prices on the two kits are comparable, obviously a lot of people talk down on the 440source stuff but it is what it is. I mounted my heads on right out of the box and had no problems with it. Muscle motors search on here shows mixed opinions.
This is my first performance engine build so any input is welcome!
thanks
-devin

I'm sure there are more than one C.I. strokers kits avaible for the low deck 400 blocks, 452 C.I., 470 C.I., 496 and 505 to 512 C.I. depending on the bore and stroker sizes on all of them , how big do you want to go to now? I like the 4.25 stroke kits n the 400 blocks . I have built and driven several of them(4.25 stroke 400 blocks, 505 to 512 C.I.) in the last ten years, the increase in C.I. from a 383 to a 451 should amaze you , the 512 will absolutely shock the beejesues out of you On the four speed car I would buy another set of wheels that match the current ones you have on the rear and put a god set of bias ply street legal DOT drag tires on them for the days you want to be shoved way back in the seat when you nail the throttle to the floor instead of going sideways in a cloud of smoke from the radials I've had both types of the same tires on my 727 automatic Duster with a pump gas 512 low deck, it would flat boil the 315x60x15 M/T ET Street radials on the street, not so on the same size(13.50x30x15) ET Street Bias ply tires The radials where faster on a good track, not so on the streets I drive on around here. The bias plys might spin a 1/4 to 2 full turns on the hit and then hook and stay hooked, the radials would not recover once they started to spin in any gear, I would have to let off to keep from going sidewasy into the other lane with the radials on the back The four speed will be much worst on the street than my 727 was

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)