Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They did not work at all on my car. Lifted too easily and would unload the rear. Works great w/ a stiffer shock.

Hi Chip,
Do you have any video with these shocks? When you say they lifted to easy do you mean you were pulling the tires to high or the car wouldn't pull the tires before it spun? My car only pulls the tires quick about 2-3 inches then the front end drops.

Don't think I have any video when I was dealing w/ this situation. It would initially pull the front wheels about 3 or 4" maybe then unload and smoke the rears. I tried a bunch of different things and nothing worked. Put my old front shocks back on (they are stiffer) and it went right back to hooking up. Same day, back to back test...after fighting the Calvert shocks for probably about 5 trips to the track worth of tuning.
The Calvert's were too loose and let the front end move too quickly. Should have tried my old shocks sooner, lol, but didn't think that could have been the issue. Hindsight's 20/20.

I believe this is because you run a radial and they don't like to be shocked. They like a gradual setting. Don't drive them in to the ground to hard slow the car from coming up on the tire to quickly. I think a caltrac shock is a great shock for a 9.90 and slower slick car. To rapid movement for radials.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction