Looks like what you do is use offset rocker stand spacers to more closely approximate Jim Miller's Mid-Lift Geometry design. Of course, his design applies to both the roller-tip fulcrum sweep as well as the angularity of the pushrod-to-rocker relationship.

Simply offseting & raising the shaft can only help to improve the roller tip sweep, unless you happen to be working w/ rockers where the angle of the pushrod adjustment screw is less than optimum when in the standard location. Some rockers do respond positively to that, but with others (Crane "Gold" being a good example) it just makes the adjuster screw angle at peak lift even more out of parallel w/ the pushrod than before.

I always found it interesting that Miller's approach and Jesel's were so very different, considering Jesel takes what they refer to as a "low pivot" approach to minimize rocker scrub in the high lifts where the spring loads are greatest, despite the overall scrub pattern being wider.

I'm curious how one uses offset rocker stand spacers w/o redrilling (offsetting) the bolt hole (which ICH did in the Mopar Muscle Engine Challenge entry w/ the T&D rockers mounted on spacers). Does this involve elongating the rocker shaft mounting holes to enable shifting the shaft c/l rearward? I think I've seen some Harland Sharp SBM shafts like this.

Last edited by BradH; 10/18/13 12:11 AM.