Quote:

I feel the need for speed. I think I'd like to be in the 11's or 12's. I don't want to mess with a tow vehicle, I want to drive it to the track.

I'm thinking 66-67 B-body with a Big Block.

I'm not certain I'm going to do it. I think maybe I'm combo fishing and armchair dreaming a little, but what better place to start than here?

I think it would be cheapest to buy a body or race car that someone is tired of, but they seem few and far between.

Certainly nothing wrong with combo fishing/armchair dreaming!

I have a 66 that just completed Hot Rod Drag Week, and I posted it in this month's B-body section. I'm sure most think it's outrageously overpriced. I'm fine with that, it's far easier to come down than to go up!

Cast crank 440, forged pistons, very small hydraulic cam, 452 hardened seat heads, stock rockers and pushrods, 2200 dayco 11 inch converter, 727 with Transgo #2 Shift kit. 3.55 sure grip 8 3/4, chrome box ignition, Edelbrock torker II with 700 holley double pumper, 1 3/4 headers into 3" exhaust, aluminum radiator, holley mechanical street fuel pump, NOS Big shot plate N20 system. 13.20's @ 103 on motor, best of 11.37 @ 117 on juice, and I drove it 39 miles round trip to work 3 times this week.

7876692-100_0982.jpg (36 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines