Quote:

Quote:

cool I did not see any replies on bbd I will check again the heated pitman arm works? do you have to do the same to the idler to make it even across the centerlink no crazy alignment issues or funky steering side effects?

Bending the pitman and idler arms will change your toe pattern. How much depends on how much you have to bend it.

Personally I'd look elsewhere for a clearance solution.

Of course if you heat and bend the pitman arm you have to have the front end aligned when done. It would be nice to find a pitman arm that helps but I will be surprised if you find one to take up all of the room you need unless you shim the eng and trans some. But if you do I would recheck your pinion angle. As I said my boys car is a B block and we did not have to move it as much as you do as I heated and tweaked the pitman maybe a 1/4 to 1/2" at the most. My buddy told me its an old hot rodders trick but I know it worked fine for us and has not caused any front end problems as I aligned the front end and everything set to specs other then I put as much positive caster in it as I could. Ron