are you going roller or flat tappet? I used the hughes cam extention with one of the pro-gear t-chains they have. the whiplash roller cam is a short nose cam but are all very nice pieces for the $.

I removed a lunati voodoo roller cam and went to the whiplash.

they both have specs that are almost identical but the whiplash has the choppy idle. voodoo smooth as stock. both make a 318 run like it should in a truck...not too much but just enuff to know it is not stock.

I used comp 901-16 spring with both voodoo & whiplash roller cams. 7 yrs on the voodoo and 8 months on the whiplash. no problems so far, and I run the poop out of them.

myself I like it, it drives like a stock cam on light throttle,but you deff feel the torque and throttle responce from off idle to redline with it.

it fit the bill for me, I wanted the performance of the voodoo I had,but wanted the choppy idle and drivabilty of the whiplash in a daily drive street truck.

it moves my 85 stepside along ok,will spin the tires with a 2.76 gear,sweet spot is about 60 mph and knocks back a good 18 mpg, sounds nasty idling thru town, smooths righ out around 1800 rpms and pulls strong when you nail it WOT.

I run a q-jet on a LD4B intake with headers/duels stock 727 high stall non lock up TC. with a 2.76 gear 235/75/15 tire.

I am going to a 3.55 gear with a nv4500 5 speed in the stepside, that should be real fun with the whiplash.

on a side note.. my 88-318 with 360 heads worked great with the voodoo cam and would be just as good as the whiplash in it.

I have a 2nd 318/349 stroker going together with the 360 heads, I have the RPM non-airgap intake for it with a whiplash roller cam for a 360 going in it.

also have a whiplash flat tappet going in my 88-440 truck.

did I mention the whiplash is a killer street cam?