Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

1/8 mile is boring not to mention harder to run. not room for fudging. 1000 feet would be better...

how much 1/8th mile racing have you done?

I've done several 1/8 mile events... I guess my junk isn't fast enough (7.30's @ 95). All of the 1/8 mile stuff here is for guys that spend more money on their cars than their house. Plus they love to take 10 minutes to do their burn outs and get staged. If 1/8 is all I had I'd do it. But for me 1/4 is funner.

thats what I thought racing isn't about how fast you can go it's about competing and having fun imo.back in the late 80s my race car was down and I raced a bone stock 4WD drive ranger pick up that ran 10.30s in the 1/8th. ended up winning 7 races that year around our area. had a blast and made many truck payments

well here most if not all 1/8 mile races are for OPS, 10.5's, 9" drag radials classes. Those guys are way fast. The slowest index 1/8 mile I've seen is 6.80. Usually it's 5.80/6.50 index and the others are all first to the stripe, no bracket. The 9" cars run in the 5's. These are all boosted and or bottle fed.