I've gone to the Halloween Classic for 30 plus years at the end of October. When they changed the race to the 1/8 mile format I hated the idea. We all lived for the "new bests' that the Fall air would bring. Now I think is the smartest thing they could have ever done. I lost at 4;30 am 2 years in a row on Thursday night when I was down to 16 cars. That doesn't happen anymore. Racing is over a lot earlier and safer especially at that time of year. At Pittsburgh Raceway Park they have gone to the 1/8 mile format after bad rains to get the program in. I love 1/4 mile but 1/8 mile racing would never sway my opinion one way or another. I see Quaker City is going to a 1000ft format for their Halloween Race. With my Daytona crossing the line at 160mph is common so even though I can stop without the chute its harder on equipment so 1/8 mile or 1000ft racing in it would be better for me. Keep your mind open guys as you may like it. It definitely helps the slower car when going up against the dragsters as its closer racing.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time