OK guys, here's what I've figured out. I'll try not to assume anything this time. I dug up a copy of SS&DI magazine from March 1975 with a great article about Carlton. It noted that the majority of 1974 was spent testing with the Yellow Car and that Carlton was returning to active Competition in 1975. The first half of the year with his "old" 1974 car and the second half with a brand new state-of-the-art car. The car in the rear of the photo at the top of this thread? And I think ultimately the Rod Shop car. The article also mentioned the horrible condition of the Yellow Car, indicating that it was retired. During my brief stint as Associate Editor for Mopar Action magazine I wrote a definitive article on the history of the Rod Shop in the October 1990 issue. This was a result of multiple discussions with Gil Kirk, Jim Thompson and others. My notes from that story indicate that Carlton showed up at the Rod Shop at the start of the 1976 season with a Colt and a Dart Sport that was painted all gold. Take it away, Stewart.

4819621-SS&DI375b.jpg (187 downloads)