Quote:

no, the cam is stock. Thanks for the link. I ordered 2 new springs and now I read the spring rates did change too? Our dealer is not aware of it. Ok, its Germany, they don't know that much .

Unfortunately I found more material in the other head and in the oil.

Guess I need to replace them all for a good aftermarket set. I'm afraid that this will happen again.

Any ideas of a good brand? Didn't search yet. Maybe CompCam?

Quote:

IMO, I'd stay away from the springs with the green stripe. Search out the ones with the blue stripe. Dropped a valve on my 09 SRT with only 10,654 km on it. After a little research, a few members here, and on another two forums all echoed the same disappointing failure with the green striped springs.
Just something to be aware of. BTW, 25,000 km later and many hard pulls, it's been flawless.

Replace them all with the drop in PAC's or a fresh set of stockers. I wouldn't reuse any of those springs if you've had damper problems.

You can run 6.1 exhaust springs on intake and exhaust with a .100 to .130 set of shims on the intake side. Guys ran .580 lift cams like that for YEARS in the LXforums world until springs started becoming more common.

I would run the correct PAC1235 spring and be done with it. At least you'll have the right springs for a cam later

http://www.racingsprings.com/1200%20Series/PAC-1235/item/211

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.