My Six Pack is a 1970 factory setup and is mounted on a 1968 440. When the engine was rebuilt they machine shop shaved the deck and a purple MP cam P4452993 280/280 - 60 duration 474/474 lift centerline 110. I put this in my 68 GTX(4 speed).

I have since installed this in my 71 Challenger (automatic). From day 1 it never really ran right. I always had to feather the gas and brake at stops signs and lights fearing it would stall.

It finally stalled at a car show cruise and now I'm determined to get it running right or put a 4 barrel setup in it (god forbid).

So far I have changed the outboard base plates and metering plates with Promax. Currently running 64's jet in center with 4.5 PV, changed the torque Convertor to a 2400-2600 flash stall.

Bought a brand new Center carb. MP electronic ignition curved and ignition timing at 18 and 36 @ 2200.

I've at the conclusion that I have a vacuum leak. I sprayed starter fluid around the intake and appears to have a leak around the 5 and 7 intake port.

Last night I began installing these felpro gaskets hoping to put 1 set between the heads and the valley pan and the other on top between the intake and valley pan.

After 4 hours of trying to line up the 8 bolts. I could only get the 2 under the valley pan on for the bolt holes to line up.

I guessing that 1 of 2 things is going on here 1) because the deck was shaved I won't be able to install all 4 gaskets or 2) I should only be installing only regardless of the deck being shaved.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by black68gtx; 09/02/13 04:49 PM.