I'm looking at this as one of the events I could literally walk to it's so close to my house. If I broke I could walk home!
http://www.casc.on.ca/autoslalom

Problem is I've been reading their darn rule book for about 1/2 an hour now and still can't find the tire rules!
Rule book is like 10x thicker than the oval track stuff I'm used to. I see they have an event coming up in a couple weeks about an hour or so from my house , maybe I'll go for a drive and check it out? That would be the best way to figure out some questions I guess?
I assume I could just get someone to look over the car and they would let me know what "class" I would need to be in? That part is confusing in the rule book too!

I'm thinking 4-5 times a year would be fun, nothing too serious? It would depend on the "type" of people that attend. I don't care to be around the "stuck up" types, just want to have fun and learn.
So far with tires the 615K's look to be my best bet? Asking around I'm told to expect about 10,000 miles from them and that's about 3 years driving for me ? ( not including racing?)Replacing tires every other season would be fine with me. Might as well use them up before they weathercheck! haha I'm still looking at other options and the plan is to save up and buy new rims and tires next spring.

Thanks everyone for the help so far!