Quote:

I am still running the same Carter "strip" electric pump I installed back around 1984. It has never failed me. PERIOD.
It hangs proudly in the breeze under the car, it operates after sitting for more than a year full of fuel, Mmy only wish is that the hot rod shop in Cheyenne, WY would have had a "street" pump in stock the day we rolled in off the Interstate and bought this one, installed it in the parking lot. Because it's a strip pump I have had to use a regulator.

I've bought others of this configuration, used, for pennies and never had one fail. They even make a 6 volt model for your old iron!

If you can get a tank mounted pump it'll be better, or if you have an extra $800 you can buy the Aeromotive kit that is really slick. But if you need to get fuel to the front of the car that Carter'll work.

R.

nice that some one has all the luck,,,carter is now fedral moguel,,they make the electirc fuel pumps (lift pump) for the dodge cummins trucks,,they are junk,,ask any one that owns a 1998 to 2002 dodge cummins,,,i have an extra on hand all the time,,,,stock truck,no power adders or hand held tuner,bone stock,,truck has 115000 on it,, im on my 5th carter elect fuel pump,,,, i have now moved it close to the tank see how long this one lasts,,, last one had 9000 miles on it,,

1966 barracuda prostreeter super charged 340(SOLD)
1940 dodge coupe 241 hemi street rod
2014 ram express hemi 4x4 dailey driver
2015 cherokee
2013 R/T classic