Quote:

I do admire your passion for your cars, I have the same passion for the filter industry that I have spent the past 40 years in.

It was never our statement that any of the versions of the filter were "correct" or "incorrect". Some of the iterations of the filter were produced simultaneously, depending on which plant was tasked with the current order in hand. So they are all "correct". The question was asked WHY we chose to produce our reproduction element with a flat hole screen. And the answer was that we chose to make them that way because of my first hand knowledge of the way that the OEM filter was originally produced. If you prefer to have a filter with the dimpled screen or to use a K&N that is certainly your choice to make. We will never please everyone.

We are confident that we have produced a quality product.

(and just to be clear: those images of the horrible reproductions were NOT our filters, it was not made clear with those posts, and we do not want our product to be mistakenly associated with those images.)

Thank you for taking the time to look at our product.

I thought I was clear enough when I said in my 1st post, this...

...The filter being discussed in this thread though looks to be a little better than the others, to the point I might purchase. Was hoping for feed back of a "fairly decent looking" filter from someones purchase. So that I might not have to go through another return!

...but I can see how it wasn't clear enough. Thanks for pointing that out, & I didn't mean to leave a bad impression on yours.

So I'll make it more clear now. The second post/pic was NOT NMS's filter. It was the 1st filter I bought from some one else. I'd rather not mention names (on an open forum) to not hurt there other part(s) sales.

The 1st post I made had a pic of the second filter, NOT from NMS, but from the same place. It was a replacement for the 1st purchase. A little better but still ugly.

They NOT NMS, sent me a 3rd filter to replace the 2nd. It was a little better than the second but was still not good enough. So I figured I didn't need to waste any more of there money (shipping) or my time & went with a refund. They had worked with me & had no problem with that.

Back to your filter Ed, ...I mentioned that "yours looked better than the others to the point that I might purchase". I also was asking/hoping for some one who had purchased your NMS filter for a feed back of "fairly decent looking" of which someone did. He understood those pics were some one elses filter & not NMS & answered my feed back with your NMS filter being (I don't remember the exact word, but) OUTSTANDING.

So, I've looked at your Filter, (& by the way thanks for the pics) & am closer to a purchase now than I was at my first post.

I hope you can understand by my dealing with those other filters why I'm a little gun shy.

If those post will alloy me to edit I'll try'n fix some clarity.

Last edited by thehemikid; 10/01/13 07:09 AM.