It's no different than any other motor with the exception of Goobs of torque on the cheap!
Mine is a 66 426 I bought along with my Drag Car, I did the correct machine work and put it together as I did any other motor and she rocks!
I put it in My wifes 65 Coronet and along with an appropriately built trans and brake upgrade we drove it in the Dream Cruise on Woodward last night and have made several 150 plus mile trips with it and its a blast.
Just a Gas Hog, and that's even keeping your foot out of it.
All the trinkets that go along with it are the Problem, carbs, headers, linkages, stamp 426 on it and all the A Holes come out of the woodwork to sell you what you need.
You can pick a lot of stuff up on the cheap if your not afraid to do a little tuning. If you are not trying to build a Concourse car You dont need the correct Carbs, they are Way overpriced.
Depending on what year you are working with, Mine uses the inline carbs. Mine are not Hemi correct but if you pull along side of me I bet you wouldn't know the difference.

But if you are wanting the correct parts and restoration info there are several guys on here that can supply you with all of the correct parts and tech help to make it less painful.

1957 Power wagon wm300 original 10.000 mile truck, 1964 dodge Polara Convertible numbers matching