This is kind of a broad spectrum thread with regard to road racing. I'm building a pro touring 73' duster and i'm at the point of needing to figure out my suspension/transmission.

1. Where do people stand on the modified torsion bar setups vs. the coilover setups(either alterkation or HDK)

2. If the coilover is the way to go. What's a good "temporary" way to make my car handle better on the torsion bars without breaking the bank?(if i go coilover, i want to still do some autox while i save)

3. My car is currently an automatic 904, but its worn out and need to be replaced. But i'm not sure if i should stay auto(either 904 w/ GV or a 200r4 conversion) or if i should spring for a stick shift? Has anyone tried the RS/SS trans from keisler on an A-body? The pictures look like it could fit with nothing more than a shift hole.

The car has a freshly rebuilt suspension using oem rubber parts and has a small factory sway bar. It just handles poorly, my DD truck(lowered on QA1 coilovers) feels like a corner carver in comparison even though its got some body roll issues.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.