Quote:

Quote:

I would think that the valve train would be RPM sensitive with no regard to load..... Correct me if I am wrong..... Remember I am a old Diesel guy here so these light weight go fast engines are kinda new to me

.. remember the old radial aircraft engines? the extra load of bombs would cause a larger load on the engine and it would not lift to a hi enough altitude to avoid enemy fire! the hi compression with hi loading was blowing out the spark ! Thank you Mr. C.T. mason for the invention / perfection of the magneto !! Dixie magneto corp.

I was talking about valve float/ bounce in the valve train being rpm not load related, The valve train is a mechanical spring vs weight/inertia rpm equation, Load as far as I can see has no effect on the stability and sealing ability of the valves.... Unless I am missing something?? If so please explain, The example of the airplane engine is another issue which merits discussion cause that may be part of what's going on with my reversion problem, As I mentioned earlier the engine was under a very high load due to trying to spin up 600 lbs of tire from the hit with a small block with not enough gear for the combo with the possibility of the spark dropping out due to too much gap, I have a spring tester on the way today so we will check for the weak spring / float / bounce and have looked at some jetting issues... may have gone lean after the hit... so I am still trying to hunt down the problem. On another tangent, I looked @ a sbc with a major reversion problem and it does not look the same as my engine, the chevy was burnt / carbon like looking... mine has a dark staining with a little shine to it, I thought it might be oil but its dry... it almost looks like fuel staining but I dont know if thats possible... we have been running 100LL ave gas for the last 2 outings and 110 race with lead the 5 times before? I have been increacing the load on this small block with tires all year and picking up better ets and speed till this point, The engine seemed to stay in the same rpms 6500 to 7k with all the tire combos till this last one... which I may have just gone too far... thats what I meant by overload in my posts, I have gone thru all the fuel system and basic engine checks except spring pressure to this point and cant seem to pinpoint the problem, If I change back to a smaller lighter tire the problem goes away, The only thing I could find out a spec was my coil wire It had 5 ohms instead of 80 ohms per MSD spec of 40 to 50 ohms per ft its 2ft long? If thats a problem chime in here & I will try another wire. Or any thoughts or opinions are very welcome on any topic from this post... Craig