In a previous thread I started, the general conclusion was that the first choice was dying OEM panels to match the interior (second was going to Just Dashes for an overlay, third keeping your own and last going for a repop). The question now is how have people recolored their door panels?
What I know now is that the plastic in the panels (polypropalene (spelling?)) does not take color very well. I have a panel from the factory that was colored bright blue that is flaking off, all the rest were cast as bright blue.
What tricks are there out there to promote adhesion, what brand of paint did you use, did you use a flex promoter like you use on the new bumpers? If you did not like the results of your attempt to redye, what did you think happened?
I have looked through the excellent archive here and did not see anyting on this subject but have seen other references to the use of black magic and witchcraft (and I do not want to contact my ex wife for the latter).
Thanks,
Craig

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado