Might be the MSD dist. You said restoration so it's a SB I'm assuming. If a std electronic dist will trigger the MSD system & you have a SB electronic dist handy you could sub it in. When it dies is this at speed or at idle after 10-20 minutes of driving? & when you start it back up after it dies does it take another 10-20 minutes before it dies again EDIT on the chance that it is a partly plugged carb idle circuit you might afix one of those thin red straws to a can of starting fluid & shoot a 2 or 3 second blast into each idle mixture port. count the # of turns to lightly seated & you can easily/quickly return the screws to their previous exact position. As said I'd wanna check for spark when it acts up but it does immediately start back up which is confusing since it'd still be just as hot or almost as hot I would think but as you know electronics are strange. Holler how it goes. I ain't never owned an MSD product (yet) but the moniker the one guy (on here) put on it (Might Sputter & Die) always scared me a bit

Last edited by RapidRobert; 07/07/13 11:23 AM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth