Quote:

The pit theory is largely the result of the spray pattern. Looking at a 68-70 B-body lower tie bar, blackout's on the bottom & front, but not on the upper surface of the lip. Sticking a spray gun and its hose(s) through a grille opening would be difficult on some models, no? Perhaps the spray pattern & pressure was adjusted to blow through in a tight cone pattern, but I'd expect runs and thick "edges" with that.
I wouldn't expect the undercoat guy to do the blackout: a goof-up would be a real problem!
Hopefully, somebody somewhere has a photo of the blackout being applied, and this can be settled before it becomes a hostile argument.

We don't want anything hostile!!
I really appreciate all advice/comments - rumors whether they are true or false, it's still something I enjoy talking about.
I know this has been discussed here many times, and as I'm about to do my (F8) Coronet, I'd like to know what is correct whether I put it on there or not.
I'm leaning towards NOT putting it on there just for the fact that the paint really looks nice.

Thanks guys!!

Wally.