Quote:

Quote:

If you want to keep it cheap, dupont nason is a good option. I've been using it for years. It takes an extra coat for coverage of the base, but you can buy 3 gallons of it for the cost of the good stuff I've done cars 10 years ago with it that look just as good today. I was told the nason clear is the old dupont before they switched to the new stuff... not sure if it's true, but I pay 110 a gallon with activator and have no problem using it on almost anything. I do use the good(expensive) line on high dollar restos though.

I have also used Nason from oriellys ALOT. Never on a car, but plenty on motorcycles, bicycles, and about to paint another engine with the stuff. Good stuff.

I'm also using Nason on my 84 D250 and am just about finished. Been using that product for a long time and have no complaints about it. I like their base/clear for solids but metallic can be a little transparent. I'm using the single stage system on this truck of mine, factory metallic paint, covers quite well with no transparency issues and it's looking amazing. Sure, I could clear over it for uv protection but to me, it's a work truck so it's not needed. I'll post pics when it's done. Best wishes, Dave.