Quote:

Quote:

The double pumpers are a race oriented carb and are very, very rich for street driving. They work good but will wash down your cylinder walls and foul your oil without a good bit of re-work on the transition and cruise circuits.

850 is a good CFM range for 451". But a more street oriented carb would be better suited to the majority street time the car is intended for.

Either way, some tuning will be in order. But a street carb should be closer OOTB than a race carb for a predominately street car.

Holley has made many different jetting and circuit changes on a lot of there HP DP carbs, the 4781 in particular. I have three of them now, a 4781 no dash #, a 4781-2 and a 4781-7. The -7 is a lot better at part thtrottle on my wideban than the other two. As I agreed to on Brian post, a new 4781 with the curent dash # should be awesome, the Holley 950 HP works very well on the street also

The part throttle and cruise has always needed the most help on the 850DPs I have tuned. It is good to hear that Holley addressed that issue. I haven't had one of the new ones on my wide band, but if they have gotten the cruise in the 14+ range, then that would obviously be a good choice.

I agree that a 950 would not be too much either. I run a 1050 Dom on my street/strip 499 wedge and it cruises at 14.5+/- after a good bit of work.

Master, again and still