I hate to say it but the thought also crossed my mind after reading 600hp is the limit, etc. with the 440 block. Could a stroker be overkill for my application and just open up other cans of worm? I'm curious....what hp is my 8 3/4 rear good too? I have no interest in upgrading to a dana.

The major issue I have with my engine now is the TRW pistons. The valve notches are too small for the Eddy valves and I am at the limit of my valve clearance and my compression is a bit low (9.9:1) with pistons down in hole (bad quench height).

Would it make more sense just to swap out the stock rods with H-beams and get a new set of pistons....then possibly CNC porting the heads? Would I still need to zero deck the block or could I buy pistons off the shelf that would put me where I need to be out of the box? Then with my piston-to-valve clearance opened up I could go with a different cam.

I put the numbers in a hp calculator and it came back at 519hp if my weight figure is correct. How much do you think I would pick-up (hp and et) getting the proper quench height, 10.5:1 compression, better cam, cnc ported eddy heads?

Last edited by tywebb2; 05/13/13 08:16 PM.